Buying a Land Cruiser in Poland

Moderator: luk4s7

LC80Norway

Buying a Land Cruiser in Poland

Post autor: LC80Norway »

Hi, I want to buy a Land Cruiser HDJ 80 in Poland and export it to Norway, but I have some questions.
How exactly do I buy a car in Poland? Do I have to register it or can I buy transit plates? Where can I find a sales contract? And how can I see if there are any encumbrance on the car (loan)?

Also, would someone near Koscierzyna be interested to take a quick look at the car and see that it's ok before I spend a lot of money and time to travel to Poland?

Tobias

Awatar użytkownika
kylon
Klubowicz
Auto: BJ42
Kontakt:

Re: Buying a Land Cruiser in Poland

Post autor: kylon »

Tobias
Please send me Your e-mail.
Kylon@wyprawa4x4.pl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sławek
Auto: land 120 2006
Kontakt:

Post autor: Sławek »

:) I can't believe. From Poland to Norway not to Russia , it's new direct.

Awatar użytkownika
LEX
Auto: Lexus LX450
Kontakt:

Post autor: LEX »

Tobias

As far as I know there are not many paperwork problems if you want to buy a car in Poland and take it abroad. There are no transit number plates as far as I know (have never seen any). The vehicle's current plates are OK. What you need for a trouble-free transit within Poland are the vehicle's documents, your sales contract and the vehicle's insurance docs. When someone sells a vehicle here the insurance is automatically transferred to the new owner and the new owner has 30 days to decide wheher he keeps the current insurance or buys a new one. The seller can also cancel the insurance after selling the vehicle (and get the remaining insurance money) but you still have a few days to leave the country before the procedure is enforced.

What you need to find out is which documents you will need to register the vehicle in Norway trouble free.

It is virtually impossible to find out if the car has any pending loans on it. There is no easy way to check it within a day or two. Most sales contract have a point whis says that there are no debts/loans pending on the vehicle but I don't know if that is of any help. But I can tell you that such problems appear usually when you either buy a very old cheap car from some poor people or a new car which has a low price which is too good to be true. The Land Land Cruiser you are looking for does not match these two categories.

What you should be aware of is the fact that many vehicles have false mileage. Changing the vehicle's mileage was not a crime until this year (probably) when a new law made it a illegal. So you should always look at the whole vehicle and not the mileage.

If you have any questions just let us know and please post the link to the car you are interested in.

MaxLux
Klubowicz
Auto: GRJ120
Kontakt:

Post autor: MaxLux »

Just post the link to this advert/auction you are referring to - guys will verify it for you. I assume you are aware about all HDJ80 conditions - usually they are over-exploited and you have to invest lot of $$$ to bring back to live ;)

For transaction it is enough to sign agreement (umowa kupna-sprzedazy) Link for PL-ENG sales agreement

Seller must give you registration document (Dowod Rejestracyjny), Vehicle Card if issued (Karta Pojazdu), Insurance and complete keys - then you can drive to Norway ;)

Of course also verify Owner name with his ID and check if VIN are the same like in registration document.
Also it's possible to check if there are no any loan / deposit by Court but it can't be done on-line - but I can't imagine any bank will give you loan for such old car...

LC80Norway

Here is the ad:
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/to ... ORT&noec=1

Thank you for quick and good replies. This is the thing I love about the Land Cruiser community, everyone is friendly and helpfull. I grew up in the backseat of a HJ60, and an 80 have been both me and my fathers dream car so I'm looking forward to finally getting one :D

MaxLux
Klubowicz
Auto: GRJ120
Kontakt:

Post autor: MaxLux »

There is only one such HDJ in Koscierzyna :)

http://otomoto.pl/toyota-land-cruiser-i ... 88732.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://olx.pl/oferta/toyota-land-cruise ... 7Au8p.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like Lex said - mileage looks too low
There are different color of bonnet than other car body ...
And... if someone hide registration plate usually would like to hide something ...

the good is that seller make photos around his house - usually low quality stuff photos are taken on gas station etc

there are few user around like "Jesus" and "MilitarniKris" - maybe somebody even knows this car ?!

I'm goinmg to Gdansk around 12-th Dec so if nobody will give you feedback you can count on me

LC80Norway

He have sent me some other pictures, and I think the car looks pretty nice overall. You're probably right about he milage though, but according to the seller the engine runs great and every gear works smooth and silent with soft shifting.

Awatar użytkownika
kylon
Klubowicz
Kontakt:

Panowie a czy to nie jest samochód po Pepe? Ma naklejkę TLC pomaga.

Awatar użytkownika
proto

Post autor: proto »

Tak, to ex Pepewóz...

Awatar użytkownika
chokai
Auto: KZJ95 '00 + XL600V '92
Kontakt:

Post autor: chokai »

LC80Norway pisze:He have sent me some other pictures, and I think the car looks pretty nice overall. You're probably right about he milage though, but according to the seller the engine runs great and every gear works smooth and silent with soft shifting.
LC80Norway , this HDJ was described here : http://tlc.org.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

LC80Norway

Hmm, it's a little hard to read everything using Google translate, but from what I can see the frame and body have different numbers? And it looks like it's been dented a couple of times too. I'm not sure if it's possible to register the car if the body and frame don't match

Awatar użytkownika
ems!
Auto: Godzilla HZJ78, Fenix HDJ100, Kronos V8
Kontakt:

Post autor: ems! »

Hi LC80Norway

it's much better to look for the HDJ80 in France.

Cheers, emsi

Awatar użytkownika
Kwiatec
Klubowicz
Auto: TOYOTA Hilux
Kontakt:

Post autor: Kwiatec »

Widzisz Tobias Ty musisz poznać język polski gdyż:
łatwiej będzie dogadać Ci się z nami
Dowiesz się ciekawych rzeczy o Polskim rynku pojazdów używanych a historie są lepsze niż te o polarnych niedźwiedziach :mrgreen:
Poza tym jak poznasz język polski to dogadasz się z Rosjanami, do nich masz bliżej a ich rynek pojazdów równie dziwny jak nasz.
poza tym polki są fajne i znają francuski
Będziesz umiał przeczytać etykietę z polskiej wódki (obiecuję Ci że to bardzo ważne)

itd itd
Dlatego ucz się Tobias języka polskiego a żaden polski handlarz cię nie zaskoczy.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A tak na poważnie to jak mówi Emsi dołóż parę euro i poszukaj fajnego auta we Francji, Hiszpani lub Niemczech. Będziesz zadowolony. I Jak już kupisz Land cruisera to wpadnij na tlc.camp

Awatar użytkownika
kylon
Klubowicz
Kontakt:

Z tą Francją nie jest tak kolorowo. Mam w miarę na bieżąco przegląd osiemdziesiątkek z owego kraju zaś już trzy u siebie. Oni traktują auta użytkowo i są zaniedbane a często zdrutowane jak u nas.

ODPOWIEDZ